Run Britain Handicap Scheme
Each time you take part in a runbritain/UKA licensed race you can have your time included in calculating your free runbritain handicap score. More than 73,000 runners of all standards have now claimed their runbritain handicap score. As well as giving you a current score, between scratch and 36.0, your free personalised running biography page includes your current national ranking by age band and postcode, your position on the national ladder, your progress graph, your strongest distance, a head-to-head comparison with other runners and downloadable training schedules to improve your score next time you race. Your handicap score also updates automatically every time you complete a licensed event. To claim your score now, click on http://www.runbritainrankings.com/user/claimhandicap.aspx.
CLUB BRANDED KIT
Official club colours: club logo in black print on yellow background. All of the following can be worn as official club colours at events:
- Running vests – Ron Hill brand, black print on yellow with diagonal black stripe
- Short sleeve technical T-shirts – black print on yellow
- Racer back vests – black print on yellow
- Long sleeve technical T-shirts – black print on yellow
- Running jackets – black print on yellow (Light weight shower/wind proof – not water proof)
The following are available but cannot be worn as official club colours at events:
- Short sleeve technical T-shirts – yellow print on black
- Racer back vests – yellow print on black
- Long sleeve technical T-shirts – yellow print on black
Miscellaneous kit and accessories:
- Hoodies, black with yellow logo; Full zip or over-head style
- Car sticker
Order by email. Payment to Kate, cash preferred. Payment required on delivery of kit. Any new ideas for club kit please email Kate.
Available from Kate Fisher (firstname.lastname@example.org):
PLEASE NOTE: If you are entering any event as a UKA registered athlete and claiming the affiliation discount you are required to wear the UKA registered kit – yellow with black print. This includes team and relay events such as Summer League, Christmas Relays, East Midlands Cross Country etc.
LDWA (Long Distance Walking Association)
A reminder that we are affiliated to The LDWA and as such receive discounted rates to any of their Challenge Walks, most of which are open to runners. Information on events, social walks, long distance paths, clothing, publications, etc. can be found at http://www.ldwa.org.uk/.
You will need to log in to access some areas. Our membership number is 261 and the password is tortoise.
For the full list of challenge walks see http://www.ldwa.org.uk/challenge_events/events_list.php?list_type=L&event_type=N
Fundraising for NOTFAST
1. Head to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/notfast-running-club/ and join for free.
2. Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
3. After you’ve checked out, that retailer will make a donation to your good cause for no extra cost whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges and NOTFAST Running Club will be really grateful for your donations.
NOTTS A.A.A. COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIPS
This is a series of events open to runners either born in the county or with 9 months continuous residence in the county immediately prior to the race.
The series comprises races over 5 different distances; 5k, 10k, 10 mile, half marathon, and full marathon. There are gold, silver and bronze medals for all age categories in each race, and as there are not always many entrants, particularly in the older age groups, there are real chances for NOTFAST runners to pick up a medal!
Entry is free and is made by ‘ticking the box’ on the form/website. The exception is the marathon where there is no box and entrants must write to Peter Tatton. No entries are allowed on the day, and club colours must be worn.