NOTFAST AGM – Thursday 14th December, 7:15pm, Flowserve.
Please note there will be no training on this night.
The London Marathon places have been announced. NOTFAST RC expect to receive 2 club places. If you have been unsuccessful in the public ballot and wish to enter the club ballot please keep evidence (email/letter etc.) of your rejection. Once the club places are received the committee will ask for this evidence to be provided; without this you cannot enter the club ballot. See guidance below.
London Marathon Club Place guidelines:
- The applicant must have been a NOTFAST running club member for at least 12 months prior to the ballot.
- The applicant must prove that they have applied via the London Marathon ballot and present this proof prior to the ballot to the club secretary.
- All applicants will then be entered into the ballot; the successful runner/s will not be able to submit a rejection slip into the following 3 ballots.
- Reserves will be drawn, if the reserve does not run the marathon that year they can enter the next ballot. If the club place is handed onto a reserve they will not be able to enter into the following 3 ballots.
- In the instance of a runner becoming injured they may choose to pass their place onto a reserve, however this will not give them any priority for a club place the following year.
- If a club place is “lost” for example a runner is injured the year they are given the place and choose to roll it over to the following year, and then they fail for whatever reason to run the race the second year they will not be able to enter into the following 5 ballots.
Run Britain Handicap Scheme
Each time you take part in a runbritain/UKA licensed race you can have your time included in calculating your free runbritain handicap score. More than 73,000 runners of all standards have now claimed their runbritain handicap score. As well as giving you a current score, between scratch and 36.0, your free personalised running biography page includes your current national ranking by age band and postcode, your position on the national ladder, your progress graph, your strongest distance, a head-to-head comparison with other runners and downloadable training schedules to improve your score next time you race. Your handicap score also updates automatically every time you complete a licensed event. To claim your score now, click on http://www.runbritainrankings.com/user/claimhandicap.aspx.
CLUB BRANDED KIT
Official club colours: club logo in black print on yellow background. All of the following can be worn as official club colours at events:
- Running vests – Ron Hill brand, black print on yellow with diagonal black stripe
- Short sleeve technical T-shirts – black print on yellow
- Racer back vests – black print on yellow
- Long sleeve technical T-shirts – black print on yellow
- Running jackets – black print on yellow (Light weight shower/wind proof – not water proof)
The following are available but cannot be worn as official club colours at events:
- Short sleeve technical T-shirts – yellow on black
- Racer back vests – yellow on black
Miscellaneous kit and accessories:
- Hoodies, black with yellow logo; Full zip £15.00, Over-head style
- Track pants (over-trousers), black
- Beanie hats (Club Logo)
- ICE (In Case of Emergency) tags
£3.00 for set of 3
- Car sticker
Order by email. Payment to either Kate or Alan, cash preferred. Payment required on delivery of kit. Any new ideas for club kit please email Alan.
Available from Alan Fisher (email@example.com):
PLEASE NOTE: If you are entering any event as a UKA registered athlete and claiming the affiliation discount you are required to wear the UKA registered kit – yellow with black print. This includes team and relay events such as Summer League, Christmas Relays, East Midlands Cross Country etc.
LDWA (Long Distance Walking Association)
A reminder that we are affiliated to The LDWA and as such receive discounted rates to any of their Challenge Walks, most of which are open to runners. Information on events, social walks, long distance paths, clothing, publications, etc. can be found at http://www.ldwa.org.uk/.
You will need to log in to access some areas. Our membership number is 261 and the password is tortoise.
For the full list of challenge walks see http://www.ldwa.org.uk/challenge_events/events_list.php?list_type=L&event_type=N
Fundraising for NOTFAST
1. Head to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/notfast-running-club/ and join for free.
2. Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
3. After you’ve checked out, that retailer will make a donation to your good cause for no extra cost whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges and NOTFAST Running Club will be really grateful for your donations.
NOTTS A.A.A. COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIPS
This is a series of events open to runners either born in the county or with 9 months continuous residence in the county immediately prior to the race.
The series comprises races over 5 different distances; 5k, 10k, 10 mile, half marathon, and full marathon. There are gold, silver and bronze medals for all age categories in each race, and as there are not always many entrants, particularly in the older age groups, there are real chances for NOTFAST runners to pick up a medal!
Entry is free and is made by ‘ticking the box’ on the form/website. The exception is the marathon where there is no box and entrants must write to Peter Tatton. No entries are allowed on the day, and club colours must be worn.