Club Members’ Information
Club Branded Kit
Official club colours: club logo in black print on yellow background. All of the following can be worn as official club colours at events:
- Running vests – Ron Hill brand, black print on yellow with diagonal black stripe
- Short sleeve technical T-shirts – black print on yellow
- Racer back vests – black print on yellow
- Long sleeve technical T-shirts – black print on yellow
- Running jackets – black print on yellow (Light weight shower/wind proof – not water proof)
The following are available but cannot be worn as official club colours at events:
- Short sleeve technical T-shirts – yellow on black
- Racer back vests – yellow on black
- Long sleeve technical T-shirts – yellow print on black
Miscellaneous kit and accessories:
- Hoodies, black with yellow logo; Full zip or over-head style
- Car sticker
Order by email. Payment to Kate, cash preferred. Payment required on delivery of kit. Any new ideas for club kit please email Alan.
Available from Kate Fisher (email@example.com):
PLEASE NOTE: If you are entering any event as a UKA registered athlete and claiming the affiliation discount you are required to wear the UKA registered kit – yellow with black print. This includes team and relay events such as Summer League, Christmas Relays, East Midlands Cross Country etc.
Run Britain Handicap Scheme
Each time you take part in a runbritain/UKA licensed race you can have your time included in calculating your free runbritain handicap score. More than 73,000 runners of all standards have now claimed their runbritain handicap score. As well as giving you a current score, between scratch and 36.0, your free personalised running biography page includes your current national ranking by age band and postcode, your position on the national ladder, your progress graph, your strongest distance, a head-to-head comparison with other runners and downloadable training schedules to improve your score next time you race. Your handicap score also updates automatically every time you complete a licensed event. To claim your score now, go to the runbritainrankings website.
LDWA (Long Distance Walking Association)
A reminder that we are affiliated to The LDWA and as such receive discounted rates to any of their Challenge Walks, most of which are open to runners. Information on events, social walks, long distance paths, clothing, publications, etc. can be found at http://www.ldwa.org.uk/.
You will need to log in to access some areas. Our membership number is 261 and the password is tortoise.
For the full list of challenge walks go to the ldwa website
We need team captain(s) for the various club competitions and events that we enter such as Summer League, Cross Country, Christmas relays, Ed Prickett Memorial Relays, Bramley Challenge etc. (but not Thunder run). It will involve getting the events listed in the newsletter/Facebook/website in good time so that club members can participate, facilitating car sharing, communicating details in the lead up to the event and the maybe on the day. It is not essential that you take part in the events yourself.
If you are able to take on one or more of these events, or want to discuss it, contact Jeremy Reichelt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Notts A.A.A. County Championships
This is a series of events open to runners either born in the county or with 9 months continuous residence in the county immediately prior to the race.
The series comprises races over 5 different distances; 5k, 10k, 10 mile, half marathon, and full marathon. There are gold, silver and bronze medals for all age categories in each race, and as there are not always many entrants, particularly in the older age groups, there are real chances for NOTFAST runners to pick up a medal!
Entry is free and is made by ‘ticking the box’ on the form/website. The exception is the marathon where there is no box and entrants must write to Peter Tatton. No entries are allowed on the day, and club colours must be worn.
NEW – YEARLY SUBSCRIPTIONS FOR 2019 – NEW
Subscriptions for the coming year are now due, and will cover the period from 1st April 2019 to 31st March 2020, in line with the affiliation period for UK Athletics.
The subscription for this year is £35.00, but if you pay before 31st March there is a £5 reduction to £30.00. Payment can be made by:
Cash or cheque (payable to NOTFAST RC) – please give to Cathy Clarke,
OR Pay direct into our account: Sort code 20 50 21 Account number 13272125. Please put your name as a reference and email Cathy Clarke when you’ve paid: email@example.com
If you are not re-joining the club this year, please let Kate know (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that she can update the club records. Anyone who has not re-joined (and paid!) by 30th April will be assumed to have left the club, and will have to re-apply to re-join in future.
Club membership includes the following:-
- Membership of UK Athletics giving a reduction when entering affiliated races (usually around £2).
- Insurance cover when running with the club.
- The club pays for members to participate in the Summer League, Winter Cross Country series, The Bramley Challenge and other organised races.
- The membership includes training on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Sunday morning runs and track session at the new running track at Newark.
- The club has invested this year in recruiting 4 new Leaders in Running Fitness (LiRF) and is sending 2 members on a coaching course to help with training.
- The club is also investing in new equipment to help the coaches and trainers.
UKA affiliation runs from 1st April – 31st March
- Members that are not presently affiliated will have their affiliation activated on 1st April 2019
- Currently affiliated members’ affiliation will continue into the following year, with the same affiliation number.
- UKA affiliation numbers are often required when applying for events at the discounted price. Kate has a full list if you do not know your number. Email: email@example.com
- For members being affiliated on 1st April for the first time you cannot use your UKA number until after this date, so not only does your race have to be after 1st April, but you can’t apply using your UKA number until after 1st April.
- UKA affiliation numbers remain the same from year to year and are not changed.
Any questions on affiliation please contact Kate on the email address above or 07908 101872.
When you become a member of or renew your membership with NOTFAST Running Club you will automatically be registered as a member of England Athletics. We will provide England Athletics with your personal data which they will use to enable access to an online portal for you (called myAthletics). England Athletics will contact you to invite you to sign into and update your MyAthletics portal (which, amongst other things, allows you to set and amend your privacy settings). If you have any questions about the continuing privacy of your personal data when it is shared with England Athletics, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.”
In becoming a member of EA, EA will collect certain information about you which will include your name, date of birth, gender, URN number, email address, address, telephone number, names of the EA affiliated clubs that you are a member of and details of any coaching or officiating licenses you hold.
If you do not wish your details to be used in this way, please contact Kate as soon as possible.
If any of your contact details have changed since you filled in your application form please let Zoe Smith know a.s.a.p.
Fundraising for NOTFAST
1. Head to the easyfundraising website and join for free.
2. Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
3. After you’ve checked out, that retailer will make a donation to your good cause for no extra cost whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges and NOTFAST Running Club will be really grateful for your donations.