Club Members’ Information
COVID-19 important information
Please see some important documents that require your attention. Please read the first three document carefully, especially the Members Document which outlines your responsibilities for attending club training sessions.
It is also important that we have up-to-date contact details and medical declaration for all club members, so can you please either 1) fill in the attached Membership Application Form again and send it to Zoe, or 2) confirm to Zoe that the information you provided when you joined the club has not changed: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we have this information confirmed we will be able to hold training session in larger groups of 12. Please note that until you reply to Zoe you will not be permitted to join a training session! As next week’s sessions are planned to be in the larger groups, we need your confirmation by the end of this week.
Club Branded Kit
Official club colours: club logo in black print on yellow background. All of the following can be worn as official club colours at events:
- Running vests – Ron Hill brand, black print on yellow with diagonal black stripe
- Short sleeve technical T-shirts – black print on yellow
- Racer back vests – black print on yellow
- Long sleeve technical T-shirts – black print on yellow
- Running jackets – black print on yellow (Light weight shower/wind proof – not water proof)
The following are available but cannot be worn as official club colours at events:
- Short sleeve technical T-shirts – yellow on black
- Racer back vests – yellow on black
- Long sleeve technical T-shirts – yellow print on black
Miscellaneous kit and accessories:
- Hoodies, black with yellow logo; Full zip or over-head style
- Car sticker
Order by email. Payment to Kate, cash preferred. Payment required on delivery of kit. Any new ideas for club kit please email Alan.
Available from Kate Fisher (email@example.com):
PLEASE NOTE: If you are entering any event as a UKA registered athlete and claiming the affiliation discount you are required to wear the UKA registered kit – yellow with black print. This includes team and relay events such as Summer League, Christmas Relays, East Midlands Cross Country etc.
Run Britain Handicap Scheme
Each time you take part in a runbritain/UKA licensed race you can have your time included in calculating your free runbritain handicap score. More than 73,000 runners of all standards have now claimed their runbritain handicap score. As well as giving you a current score, between scratch and 36.0, your free personalised running biography page includes your current national ranking by age band and postcode, your position on the national ladder, your progress graph, your strongest distance, a head-to-head comparison with other runners and downloadable training schedules to improve your score next time you race. Your handicap score also updates automatically every time you complete a licensed event. To claim your score now, go to the runbritainrankings website.
Notts A.A.A. County Championships
This is a series of events open to runners either born in the county or with 9 months continuous residence in the county immediately prior to the race.
The series comprises races over 5 different distances; 5k, 10k, 10 mile, half marathon, and full marathon. There are gold, silver and bronze medals for all age categories in each race, and as there are not always many entrants, particularly in the older age groups, there are real chances for NOTFAST runners to pick up a medal!
Entry is free and is made by ‘ticking the box’ on the form/website. The exception is the marathon where there is no box and entrants must write to Peter Tatton. No entries are allowed on the day, and club colours must be worn.
Club membership includes the following:-
- Membership of UK Athletics giving a reduction when entering affiliated races (usually around £2).
- Insurance cover when running with the club.
- The club pays for members to participate in the Summer League, Winter Cross Country series, The Bramley Challenge and other organised races.
- The membership includes training on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Sunday morning runs and track session at the new running track at Newark.
- The club has invested this year in recruiting 4 new Leaders in Running Fitness (LiRF) and is sending 2 members on a coaching course to help with training.
- The club is also investing in new equipment to help the coaches and trainers.
UKA affiliation runs from 1st April – 31st March Members that are not presently affiliated will have their affiliation activated on 1st April 2019
- Currently affiliated members’ affiliation will continue into the following year, with the same affiliation number.
- UKA affiliation numbers are often required when applying for events at the discounted price. Zoe Smith
- For members being affiliated on 1st April for the first time you cannot use your UKA number until after this date, so not only does your race have to be after 1st April, but you can’t apply using your UKA number until after 1st April.
- UKA affiliation numbers remain the same from year to year and are not changed.
Any questions on affiliation please contact Zoe
When you become a member of or renew your membership with NOTFAST Running Club you will automatically be registered as a member of England Athletics. We will provide England Athletics with your personal data which they will use to enable access to an online portal for you (called myAthletics). England Athletics will contact you to invite you to sign into and update your MyAthletics portal (which, amongst other things, allows you to set and amend your privacy settings). If you have any questions about the continuing privacy of your personal data when it is shared with England Athletics, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.”
In becoming a member of EA, EA will collect certain information about you which will include your name, date of birth, gender, URN number, email address, address, telephone number, names of the EA affiliated clubs that you are a member of and details of any coaching or officiating licenses you hold.
If you do not wish your details to be used in this way, please contact Kate as soon as possible.
If any of your contact details have changed since you filled in your application form please let Zoe Smith know a.s.a.p.
Fundraising for NOTFAST
1. Head to the easyfundraising website and join for free.
2. Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
3. After you’ve checked out, that retailer will make a donation to your good cause for no extra cost whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges and NOTFAST Running Club will be really grateful for your donations.
LDWA (Long Distance Walking Association)
A reminder that we are affiliated to The LDWA and as such receive discounted rates to any of their Challenge Walks, most of which are open to runners. Information on events, social walks, long distance paths, clothing, publications, etc. can be found at http://www.ldwa.org.uk/.
You will need to log in to access some areas. Our membership number is 261 and the password is tortoise.
For the full list of challenge walks go to the ldwa website